Bitcoin’s Antifragile Core
Bitcoin, Not Blockchain
Lessons of the Market
Consensus In The Wild
Mega ICOs: Will They Deliver?
The Financialization of Bitcoin
Bitcoin, Solana & Time
The Great Convergence
Just like Leibniz & Newton separately converged on calculus, blockchains are separately converging on recurring themes:— NM (@ByteSizeCapital) July 12, 2018
1) TEEs & ZKPs -> scaling & privacy
2) Gossip & VRFs -> node selection & consensus
3) Bonded Validators -> sybil resistance
4) WAVM -> universal compilation.
The State of Storage: Arweave Case Study
Don’t Get Burnt By MimbleWimble
Bitcoin: The Contrarian Asset
The ICO Bubble: A Post Mortem Analysis
A Return To Free Banking
Credible Inflation: BTC’s Trojan Horse
A Primer To Sharding
The scalability trilemma describes an optimisation problem affecting all blockchains.— NM (@ByteSizeCapital) April 19, 2018
Simply, scaling requires a tradeoff in either decentralisation or security.
An attempt to solve the trilemma?
Sharding, as envisioned by $ETH, prototyped by $ZIL & reimagined by @Quark_Chain. pic.twitter.com/LCZkf5M84J
Smart Contract Wars
Smart contract platforms with a MC of $10M+ on 1 April 18.— NM (@ByteSizeCapital) April 2, 2018
Observations compared to the last time we approached a total MC of $250B:
1) $ETH has lost $6B ($44B vs $38B)
2) $ADA & $EOS are almost 5x
3) Significant number of new platforms e.g. $ICX, $ONT, $ZIL, $AION, $NAS. pic.twitter.com/KPmfukkCwu